Carl A. Secola, Jr.
Carl Secola has practiced law in New Haven for over 30 years, trying civil cases on behalf of plaintiffs in courts throughout the state. His practice includes representation of persons injured as a result of automobile accidents, medical malpractice, products liability, premises liability, tractor-trailer accidents, as well as other types of civil disputes. Mr. Secola received his undergraduate degree in Political Science from Fairfield University in 1982, and his law degree from Quinnipiac College School of Law formerly the University of Bridgeport School of Law in 1985. While in law school, he was elected and served as Student Bar Association President, he was also a member of the moot court board and competed in national competitions; he also worked as a legal assistant to attorney J. Jackson who was then Chief Legal Counsel to Gov. William A. O'Neil. While in law school Carl was selected to Who's Who Among American Colleges and Universities. He is also a recipient of his law school's distinguished alumni award.
Carl is a native of Hamden Connecticut and at the age of 17 he organized and was elected president of a 250 family member Civic Association attempting to save the AC Gilbert game preserve from development and preserve it as open space. Carl's persuasive oratory skills were recognized at an early age when the New Haven register reported he was the youngest president of Civic Association in the country.
Mr. Secola has served as an Assistant Town Attorney, as well as chairman of the Hamden Planning Section of the Planning and Zoning Commission. He has served as a Special Master in federal court and has been a lecturer and a contributing author for seminars and publications for the New Haven County Bar Association, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Connecticut Bar Association, and National Business Institute. He has received Martindale Hubbell's distinguished rating in legal ability and ethical standards. He has also been selected for Connecticut Magazine's Super Lawyer section, New England Super Lawyers, New York Magazine's New York Area's Best Lawyers, and The Best Lawyers in America.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Premises Liability
- Motor Vehicle/Motorcycle/Bicycle/Tractor Trailer Collisions
- Connecticut, 1985
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1986
- University of Bridgeport School of Law, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- J.D. - 1985
- Fairfield University Fairfield, CT.
- B.A. in Political Science - 1982
- Lecturer, Connecticut Bar Association
- Lecturer, National Business Institute
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers
- New Haven County Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Connecticut Super Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in America
- New York Area's Best Lawyers
- New England Super Lawyers
- Lifetime Achievement Selection to America's Top 100 Attorneys
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member